Today, I will say yes to:
- summer in October, however long it agrees to last.
- the occasional hot chocolate, in the chilly mornings.
- finally giving up caffeine, after two tries this summer. Next stop: giving up soda all together.
- Nora’s latest developmental leap, even in it’s challenges.
- being needed and needing others.
- being human, even (especially) in my stresses and mistakes.
- being gentle with myself at the end of the day, by leaving early when I know I have to return to work later.
- earlier bedtimes for everyone, when warranted and possible.
- reconnecting with my husband at the end of the long day.
- reconnecting with myself in the morning, before everyone else wakes up.
- reconnecting the Wii, so we can watch TV on non-computer screens again.
- treating ourselves to new phones, so that we can finally make phone calls…on our phones.
- treating ourselves more often.