Earlier this week, Lynn from Momma Needs Coffee gave me a Libester Award. But I am at a conference for work, so I haven’t had time to accept the gift. But of course, I woke up at 5 AM this morning in my hotel with no desire to sleep, so (finally) I could post.
So, what is the Liebster Award? The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Isn’t that nice of her? I am very grateful for her nomination, especially since I just discovered her blog earlier this week. Warm fuzzies.
Of course, great power comes with great responsibility. Or something. So, there are actual responsibilities with this award, which include the following:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees.
- And finally… Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
11 Questions I Need to Answer
1. What is your favorite breakfast food?
Everything bagel with Jalapeno Cream Cheese. Delicious and awesome, but not healthy. Most days, I’m eating fruit and almond milk smoothies or egg and whole wheat toast.
2. Name one place you would most love to travel
Just one? I would love to visit England, Ireland, and Scotland in one trip. Or Spain and Portugal in one trip. But really, I’ll go anywhere.
3. Which of the wonders of the world would you most like to see?
Pyramids, all the way.
4. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?
Item 1: Something to right on and something to write with
Item 2: The Poems for the New Millennium anthology collection, all volumes (crammed into one bag, so that’s like one thing, right?)
Item 3: Knife for cutting and chopping food items
5. What wild animal do you wish you could have as a pet?
The family and I just went to the Milwaukee County Zoo a few weeks ago, so I’ve had an opportunity to see lots of animals up close. I loved the meerkats, so adorable, but they would need a whole den to stay happy. Armadillos were surprisingly cute too. They were Nora’s favorites.
6. How many pets do you have?
Two: Weetzie, 15 year old cat, and Said, (pronounced Sigh-eed, after Edward Said) 9 years old. They hate each other, unfortunately.
7. What is your dream job?
Don’t get me wrong, I love my job. But, I have a secret dream life in which I am a birth and postpartum doula, supporting mothers in birth and in those early (and amazingly hard) months of new motherhood.
8. Coffee or tea?
Herbal, non-caffeinated tea, all the way.
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
Long, hot baths every morning, before my family wakes up. It’s not just a guilty pleasure, it’s self-care.
11. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
I have thought of this more than any person who never plays the lottery should. I would pay off all of our debts (mortgage, school loans, etc.) and then I would buy a modest house in cash. I would save half of the money, one half of that for Nora’s college fund and the other half for retirement. With the other half, I would create a yearly allowance to live on. Boring, but that sounds like a solid plan to me.
11 Random Facts
- I have lived in 4 states in my life, but for two of them, I’ve lived twice.
- The order was: Los Angeles, CA until I was 15, Minneapolis, MN from 15 to 17, Beloit, WI from 17 to 22, Suburban Chicago, IL from 22 to 24, Minneapolis, MN again from 24 to 35, and now Beloit, WI again.
- I miss Minneapolis, even though I love my life now too.
- Really, I am a diehard (adopted) Minnesotan. You won’t see me converting to the Packers or the Brewers or extolling the virtues of Madison over Minneapolis.
- I really like shopping malls, a lot. Mall of America was one my favorite tourist traps in Minnesota.
- I didn’t like vegetables until my late twenties. And then I discovered asparagus, avocado, chard, kohlrabi, radishes, beets and so many more.
- I still hate broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and tomatoes. And probably more that I haven’t thought of yet.
- I am also a diehard roller derby fan, but I haven’t been to a bout since before Nora was born.
- I am an introvert, but I work in somewhat extroverted roles. It can be tiring, at times.
- I am a recovering birth junkie. I may not ever be a birth or postpartum doula and I know that Nora will be my only child, so I am trying to slowly move away from reading birth stories and birth literature. But I love it.
- I am obsessed with Zumba. I take classes once or twice a week and I have a Zumba app on my tablet. Really.
11 Bloggers I’m Tagging
This is the hardest part for me, because I read a lot of blogs with bigger followings, so I don’t know if I’ll reach 11.
However, here’s some of my RL friends who have great blogs that I like.
And here’s some blogs that I follow, from people I don’t know in RL:
Alright, that’s all my sleep-deprived brain can handle right now. If you have a blog with fewer than 200 followers and you want to play along, consider yourself tagged. Comment below and I will officially tag you in the post.
Thanks again to Lynn from Momma Needs Coffee – this was fun!